Lyntons INITIA – DIODE LASER
‘Pain-Free’ Diode Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is such an effective and popular solution to unwanted body hair because it can be used on any skin type or tone Our skin experts are medically trained and your practitioner will always carry out a patch test on your skin to ensure you are suitable for the treatment.
What is ‘Ice Laser’?
Ice laser is a hair removal treatment, performed in a clinic using the Initia Diode device. The machine gradually heats the dermis to a temperature that effectively ‘kills’ the hair follicle and prevents hair growth. The part of the device that comes in contact with the skin is ice cold, to keep the skin’s surface comfortable while it targets the follicle
What is the difference between ice laser and IPL
- The cold tip:It really is very cold when it first comes in contact with the skin, so it takes a long time for you to even notice it’s heating up.
- A gel is applied and there’s constant contact with the skin:Each area is prepped with a clear gel ( like an ultrasound), and then the device is placed on the area and the technician glides it over the skin in quick motions until the treatment of that area is completed. Unlike other IPL techniques, where it is lifted in between each jolt of laser and they can’t go over the same area, the ice laser covers the entire area multiple times and is very thorough.
- Less painful:Traditional IPL can feel like you’re being flicked with a hot rubber band, but with ice laser the main thing you feel is heat. It’s kept quite comfortable and warms up slowly.
- It can be used on most skin and hair types:Yes, even tanned skin. While previous types of lasers have preferred light skin and dark hairs for optimal treatment, the Soprano ICE can be used successfully on deeper skin tones, as well as finer, lighter hairs.
- Faster and more effective with immediate results
Laser hair removal treatments remain one of the most in-demand aesthetic procedures in the UK. As a result, practitioners now require a change to the traditional specification and output required from a professional laser device: speed, versatility and ‘pain-free’ treatments are now key.
The new INITIA 810nm diode laser has been designed specifically to deliver these three key features, enabling quick, safe, ‘pain-free’ laser hair removal treatments, on all skin types.
- ‘Pain-Free’ – sub-zero integrated IceTip™, reaching temperatures of -8°C for extra comfortable treatments
A huge factor in ‘feeling the difference’of the INITIA diode laser stems from the revelationary IceTip™ contact-cooling handpiece; a technology which offers superior safety and epidermal protection.
Reaching -8°C in temperature, IceTip™ Technology continuously cools the skin during treatment, dramatically reducing discomfort and aiding the INITA ‘Pain-Free’ mode. A market-leading temperature allows practitioners to use higher powers then traditional diode lasers, helping achieve superior clinical results.
- Market-leading IceTip™ contact cooling down to -8°C degrees
- Higher fluence (power) achievable due to superior cooling
- Allows ‘Pain-Free’ mode & reduced pain and discomfort in ‘Standard Mode’